Sat April 21, 2018 @ Pure Gold Stables
3325 SR 45 – Salem, OH 44423
Open Date: February 16th Closing Date: April 1st
Picture you and your horse galloping on the 5/8 mile track at Pure Gold Stables. Then picture you and your horse together in balance and rhythm effortlessly shifting gears from an easy gallop at 350 mpm to a more serious pace of 450mpm or even 520mpm and know just what each of these speeds ‘feel’ like after practicing on a measured track. After mastering the gallop with the correct position, desired speed and balance; finish up the session by cruising over a few simulated steeplechase type fences.
The clinic will begin with a demonstration by Kyle Smith show the correct position for the rider, the various speeds and balance required with a discussion led by Jackie Smith. Both are USEA ICP certified instructors and both have competed in the “Classic” full format 3 day event with steeplechase.
This clinic is for any rider who is interested in learning more about the proper galloping position, pace, and the thrill of ‘chase’. Riders will be grouped by experience and the speed and size of the fences will be appropriate for the level.
- On-line Registration preferred – payment must be received within on week of on line entry
- all riders must sign a Pure Gold Release Form
- parking is behind the event barn
- the event barn is behind the main barn
- will meet on the track dress is cross country attire – vest and medical arms are recommended
- Pure Gold Stables is hosting a Jumper Show on Sun
- Clinic Fee: $50
- Overnight Stalls @ Pure Gold Stables: $45
- Day Stalls @ Pure Gold Stables: $25
- On-line registration preferred
- GPS Clinic Flyer