JULY 16 Update:
A couple of days ago I put out a plea for volunteers as I only had 3 people signed up at that time. Since then I have gotten a handful more people signing up. When I say we’re are in desperate need of help I’m not kidding. We need at least 30 more people to be able to run the competition! Please, if you are available on Aug 2nd; we could really use some help.
The following are positions that still NEED to be filled:
- Dressage paddock – 2 needed
- Show Jumping – 8 needed – warm up steward, in gate/announcer, out gate, judge’s scribe/announcer, jump crew
- Cross country – Starter/Timers – 2 needed, jump judges – 14 needed
- Scoring – scores to be entered in the computer or tablet at show jumping, entering cross country times, and one in the house for cross country scores and printing and posting of scores. This is a very easy job and you don’t need to know much about Eventing; just being comfortable with a computer.
- Announcer – to make general announcements and help keep competitors and spectators informed.
- Hospitality – see that the volunteers and officials are fed
- Parking attendant on Sat and Sun. – 1 needed
- Awards – mark ribbons with the names of the recipients and put them out for pick up at the appropriate times
If you are a rider or someone who can’t stay the entire time; you can sign up as a floater and will plug you in where needed. Here’s the link to the Sign Up Genius.